Week 10 – Art Activity – Intermedia


    For this project, I decided to draw a cartridge used to run PCR covid tests. The cartridge is actually only supposed to be blue and a clear/white in the middle, but I thought leaving it uncolored wouldn't look nice so I used brown for the clear/white part. The red is the sample added into the cartridge. It enters the cartridge through the little square opening that I drew on the top lower right hand corner. The middle square is supposed to be a QR code. 
    I thought about using uncooked rice mixed with food coloring, paint, and eyeshadow. I went with eyeshadow for this because I didn't want to spend more money at Target. I think the piece would probably look better if I used paint or pens instead. It probably would have been easier to do too. I think I did well drawing it, it's not super ugly or anything. I feel like if you looked at it you would know its a something meant for a test, maybe a normal person wouldn't know what it's meant for but you know its a cartridge of some sort. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - Artist - Spill Sesh & Lovelyti TV

Name your blog post: Week 11 – Artist – Choice

Week 12 – EC – WWII & Art