Week 6 - Art Activity - Drawing II

 




    The first three pictures are my campus maps. It's very clear that I know the upper campus better than I know the lower campus. For the upper campus, I placed LA5 next to the psychology building instead of behind it. I also completely missed the rest of the LA buildings, mostly because I forgot about them. I also missed the faculty office buildings and the CLA building. I did remember the multimedia center but I forgot the name to it. I also forgot the academic success building but for me at least, that building is pretty much part of the library, so I never considered it as separate to begin with. I pretty much forgot the entirety of the lower campus. I really only know where the USU, kinesiology, and health science buildings are. I even completely forgot we have a sports field. Most of my classes are in hall of science or molecular cell building so I rarely ever go anywhere else. I think this pretty much tells me that I spend my walks around campus glued to my phone instead of actually looking at our campus, which is kind of sad. I think my campus experience is kind of like everyone else's where we just go to campus to work and pay attention to nothing else, which I think is very much the commuter experience.

    My experience with the automatic drawing wasn't much to be honest. In that photo it looks really cool, but really my friend drew the face and body, I only drew the "hair" part. And to be honest, I didn't even mean for it to be hair my hand just started squiggles and that's where it ended up. I think its very clear who the artist is in this friendship haha.... I think the art itself looks cool because she's good at drawing. It might have even sparked her love for art again because she pulled out her old artwork and started drawing again after this, which she hasn't done since probably our first year of college. I think I felt more calm and relaxed while doing this, but not necessarily a complete mood change. I wasn't really in the zone, but my friend was completely. I have never seen her this focused except when she's playing video games. 
    
    I'm not sure what the space of drawing means but I would assume that it means the area you draw in on a paper. A drawing is a picture or image done using something other than paint. It can be done anywhere and be of anything the artist wants it to be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - Artist - Spill Sesh & Lovelyti TV

Name your blog post: Week 11 – Artist – Choice