Week 11 – Art Activity – Choice

 


My art project for this week was to use food as a media!

What did I make?
I made a carrot using flour, water, and paprika for the carrot part, pesto and butter for the leaf part. I'm not going to lie, I was actually trying to go for a strawberry but the color didn't turn out as red as I liked. It looked more orange instead. I also didn't have anything yellow that I could use for the seeds that I was also willing to throw away, so it really looks like a carrot. 

Why did I do this?
To be honest, I forgot about this project until I came home from work today at 8pm. I wa eating a late dinner and looking at my noodles when I realized oh crap I have an art project to do. And I'm also almost out of gas so I can't really go anywhere right now either. So I thought "what haven't we done?", Food. We didn't do anything related to food yet. This may seem low effort, but trying to break off chunks of frozen pesto after working for 9 hours, my back is kind of hurting. I think I need salonpas now. 

Would I do this again?
Probably not to be honest. This was kind of a waste of food but it did let me know that I was running out of flour so thats a good thing to know. Although, if I ever make dumplings or mochi shaped like cartoon charactors this is great practice. I once thought about making marshmallows shaped like pokemon characters because of a video I saw, and honestly if I remembered early, that would have been a great project to do. This is like the sad version of that idea. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - Artist - Spill Sesh & Lovelyti TV

Week 12 – EC – WWII & Art

Name your blog post: Week 11 – Artist – Choice